A personal statement is a part of college and university admissions essays. They are submitted along with the student applications and helps the selection committee in making a decision. These essays are among the most important academic tasks for a student and something that students are scared of working on and in search of free essay writer to write their application.
But, writing a strong and memorable personal statement is something that could be achieved by keeping some important things in mind.
- Be Genuine in your Storytelling: The selection officers want to meet ‘YOU’ in your personal statement. It is the first encounter between you and them and this is why it should display your genuine and real personality. Select a personal experience that helped in shaping your personality and decision of choosing the respective field of study. Be genuine and they will pay attention.
- Show your Values: Values shape a person’s personality in a particular way. Choose an event that had put you at the moral stake and required you to make a decision. However, be subtle and tell the story between the lines. Connect the event with the main idea and explain the way you behaved in that particular moment.
- Show your Motivations: What motivated you to make this decision? Why do you want to study this course? Educational institutes invest time and money on their students and this is why they want to be sure that their decision is right and the candidate will use the acquired knowledge in the future. Tell them why you made this decision, why do you want to study medicine? Why do you want to study computer science? Tell them the WHY of your journey.
- Value of the Fellowship: Institutes love to know why the students have chosen them for fellowship, or future studies. There could be a number of reasons but they want to know that one reason that motivates you to choose this institute. What impact will it have on you and how will you contribute to its advancement. Talk about why this fellowship and admission is important for you, both for your career and personal growth.
- Talk about your Aspirations: What will you do after acquiring the degree? How will you use the knowledge that you will gain from the institute? Many students overlook it but it is important. Tell them how have you planned to use the knowledge. Will you use the medical knowledge in making new and improved medicine? Will you use the law information in working for underprivileged communities? Mention whatever the goals you have.
Getting help from essay writing service is a great way of learning and getting your work done on time but knowing what to add into your personal statement will be a great asset and learning for you.